Having been prevented by Big Tech from communicating directly with the American people, President Trump issued a statement on Wednesday calling for no violence during the protest via a press release sent to reporters.
“In light of reports of other protests, I urge that there be NO violence, NO breaking of the law and NO vandalism of any kind. This is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm people down ”
File screen image from President Trump’s video statement last week.
The statement was released as the House of Representatives debated an impeachment article against Trump accusing him of instigating an assault on Capitol Hill last week.
Trump’s statement was first reported by Fox News. A senior Trump adviser told Fox that Trump is also calling on Americans and Big Tech to ensure a peaceful transition.
TREND: TWO MORE GOP LAWYERS Ask Liz Cheney to step down as House Conference chair before she destroys the party – It may be too late
EXCLUSIVE by Trump: “In light of reports of further protests, I urge that there be NO violence, NO breaking of the law, and NO vandalism of any kind. It is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm people down ”https://t.co/SUchVcIfGi
– Brooke Singman (@BrookeSingman) January 13, 2021
“President Trump is calling on all Americans to join him in ensuring an orderly and peaceful transition next week,” a senior Trump adviser told Fox News. “President Trump is also asking that big tech companies join him in this effort.”
The advisor added, “This is a critical moment in our nation’s history and we can certainly all come together to deliver this important message and not continue to play partisan politics.”
Fox also reported that the White House will try to release the statement on government accounts.
A Trump adviser told Fox News that the statement will be emailed from the White House press office. The White House will then attempt to publish the statement on all of Trump’s official social media accounts.
The adviser also told Fox News that the statement will be published and broadcast across all of Trump’s campaign and policy accounts.
On Tuesday night, YouTube became the last of the big tech companies to suspend or ban President Trump. Others include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Shopify, Twitch, Stripe, and Salesforce.