Former Vice President Joe Biden answered twelve questions from reporters on Monday after an “Office of the President-elect” briefing on the economy. None of them dealt with violence perpetrated by leftists against Trump supporters.
On Saturday there were numerous assaults by left-wing counter-protesters against Trump supporters who took part in the “Million MAGA March” in Washington, DC.
But not a reporter at Biden’s press conference asked him about it.
Here are the twelve questions asked (transcript via rev.com):
- What do you think is the biggest threat to your transition right now, given President Trump’s unprecedented attempt to obstruct and delay a smooth transfer of power?
- Is student loan forgiveness in your plan, would you take executive action to achieve it?
- What options do you have for trying to make sure you’re ready to go on day one?
- And what is your message to Republicans who support the president’s refusal to concede?
- [A]at the end of the day, you want [Trump] grant?
- [W]Are you getting vaccinated?
- And if you are in doubt, why should an American trust the vaccine?
- [D]o Do you think more governors should shut down non-essential businesses and reinstate home support orders?
- [W]What is your message to people who are considering, for example, reuniting with their families and others for Thanksgiving? Would you like to make people reconsider their plans?
- What would you do right away, especially to address jobs that might not come back for months, never come back, including in communities of color?
- It appears that in the past two days 15 countries, from Asia-Pacific countries, signed a new trade deal, RCEP. Should the United States consider joining this trade deal?
- You have indicated the changes you want to make in US international policy on other fronts, such as the Paris climate agreement. … But why not here?
Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said: “If Biden’s supporters were attacked, the only questions for Trump would be violence, demanding he condemn it.”
#Journalists #Joe #Biden #questions #violence #Dateway