Megan Thee Stallion shared a new allegation from the night Tory Lanez shot her in the feet: GQ Profile, the rapper said Lanez tried to pay her to shut up.
This summer, Megan Thee Stallion was shot in both feet after a pool party – a felony for which Lanez has been charged with felony assault. (His arraignment is scheduled for this week.) Megan said GQ that instinct had told her to find another way home that night as an argument began to stir in the SUV she shared with Lanez and two other people. She got out of the car once, but the others persuaded her to get in – and the second time she tried to get out of the car, she told GQ, was when Lanez started shooting her. a bullet in the feet.
“Like, I never got a hold of anyone,” Megan said GQ. “I barely said anything to the man who shot me as I walked away. We were literally five minutes from the house.
Megan said GQ that after shooting her, Lanez begged her to shut up, even offering money to her and her friend. Lanez’s attorney denied the allegation when contacted by The Daily Beast, writing: “Mr. Peterson never offered any witnesses money for their silence or for any other reason. Any statement to the contrary is false. “
“[At this point] I’m really scared … because it’s like right in the middle of all the protests, ”Megan said. “The police are killing everyone for no reason, and I’m like, ‘I can’t even believe you think I want to take the money. Like, you just shot me. ”
The treatment that Megan Thee Stallion’s shot received was as disappointing as it was unsurprising. The case and its competing narratives were mostly tried out on social media, while a never-ending wave of memes turned the whole thing into a joke. Weeks after her shoot, Megan posted a tearful video in which she thanked her fans for their support and expressed a feeling that no human should be forced to say out loud, “I didn’t deserve to be shot. . “
“There is nothing to joke about,” the rapper said. “It wasn’t for all of you to start making up false stories. I didn’t get a hold of anyone … I didn’t do shit.
Last month, she took it a step further by writing a passionate editorial for the New York Times who spoke of her experience in the context of how black women are “consistently overlooked and neglected in many areas of life.”
“My initial silence about what happened was out of fear for myself and my friends,” Megan wrote. “Even as a victim, I was greeted with skepticism and judgment. The way people have publicly questioned and debated whether I played a role in my own violent assault proves that my fears of discussing what happened were, unfortunately, justified.
“After a lot of self-reflection on this incident, I realized that violence against women is not always about being in a relationship,” the rapper continued. “Instead, it happens because too many men treat all women as objects, which helps them justify abusing us when we choose to exercise our agency.”
Lanez’s indictment was postponed last month and is now scheduled for Wednesday. Before the hearing, the rapper was ordered to stay 100 meters from Megan Thee Stallion and to cease all contact with her.
#Megan #Thee #Stallion #Tory #Lanez #offered #silent #money #shooting