U.S. taxpayers still reeling from coronavirus lockdowns will spend billions on foreign countries if Congress passes a $ 2.3 trillion spending bill unveiled on Monday.
The 5,593-page budget bill was posted online Monday afternoon, just hours before House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said a vote would take place.
For some countries, Christmas has arrived early:
- $ 169,739,000 to Vietnam, including $ 19 million for dioxin remediation (page 1476).
- Funds not specified to “continue to support nonprofit higher education institutions in Kabul, Afghanistan that are accessible to women and men in a mixed environment” (page 1477).
- $ 198,323,000 to Bangladesh, including $ 23.5 million to support Burmese refugees and $ 23.3 million for “democracy programs” (page 1485).
- $ 130,265,000 to Nepal for “development and democracy programs” (page 1485).
- Pakistan: $ 15 million for “democracy programs” and $ 10 million for “gender programs” (page 1486).
- Sri Lanka: up to $ 15 million “for the refurbishment of a high endurance cutter”, which is a type of patroller (page 1489).
- $ 505,925,000 to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama to “address the main factors that contribute to the migration of unaccompanied and undocumented minors to the United States. United ”(pages 1490-1491).
- $ 461,375,000 to Colombia for programs relating to the fight against drugs and human rights (pages 1494-1496).
- $ 74.8 million to the “Caribbean Basin Security Initiative” (page 1498).
- $ 33 million “for democracy programs in Venezuela” (page 1498).
- Amount not specified to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Curaçao and Trinidad and Tobago “for assistance to communities in countries supporting or otherwise affected by refugees from Venezuela” (page 1499).
- $ 132,025,000 “for assistance to Georgia” (page 1499).
- 453 million dollars “for aid to Ukraine” (page 1500).
Rep Andy Biggs criticized the bill before the details even emerged:
Meanwhile, the United Nations announced “Global Lockdown 2”, condemning millions of people to starve! Connect with the world’s # 1 independent media outlet and find out what the enemy doesn’t want you to know! Start your Christmas week informed with the world’s most banned broadcast!
#Pakistans #gender #programs #refurbishment #Sri #Lankan #ships #Dateway