Twitter users attacked prognosticator Nate Silver on Tuesday night after most of his patterns and predictions failed to materialize.
During election declarations, Silver, who runs the statistical analysis site FiveThirtyEight, lamented the “stupid” election.
The message was ridiculed.
You’re kidding, aren’t you? You are wrong in Georgia; you made a mistake NC; you were wrong about Florida – and that’s what we know so far.
Hang up man, your forecast is exploding.
– William 🇺🇸🇦🇺🇵🇬🇺🇳 (@w_stroker) November 4, 2020
Nate, are you going to retire after tonight?
– Jacob (@ itsJacobSmith14) November 4, 2020
Lol maybe just take the next couple of days without tweeting?
– Savoir Adore (@SavoirAdore) November 4, 2020
Man, you are about to be wrong once again. You go through the five stages, it seems.
– Talha Awais (@TalhaMAwais) November 4, 2020
So far, the polls have been wrong at all levels.
– David King (@ FMan724) November 4, 2020
Aren’t you going to win in a landslide? It’s like the captain of the Titanic is saying, “We might not get to New York on time, folks!”
– David Gawkowski (@davegawkowski) November 4, 2020
Let’s all agree to never pay attention to Nate or the polls again.
– PJD (@i_mcdunnough) November 4, 2020
Don’t feel so bad, your models were even more accurate than the covid-19 models.
– Nick Szabo 🔑 (@ NickSzabo4) November 4, 2020
I don’t trust anything you say anymore
– Jorge (@hayhorhorhay) November 4, 2020
Own it buddy. Even Stevie Wonder can see the model emerge.
– Den Den (@ dwhite33) November 4, 2020
I think you’re trying to save face, I feel like the polls were wrong
– Shelly Haley🌈 (@ ShellyJ420) November 4, 2020
– wade jones (@DainBramage) November 4, 2020
If Trump wins, it will be difficult to take polls or models seriously for very long.
– SNF (@Superninfreak) November 4, 2020
We know absolutely nothing and the polls have told us nothing to understand it. At this point, I extrapolate and say Trump is going to win exactly like he did in 2016 because it happened before it performed better than any other model.
– Don Tuco (@Econogenius_MX) November 4, 2020
Do you want to apologize to the guy from Trafalgar?
– Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) November 4, 2020
#Pollster #Nate #Silver #scrambled #bad #electoral #models #Dateway