Prince William has fought the coronavirus secretly, even struggling to breathe – but kept his April ordeal a secret because he did not wish to alarm the public.
The sun reported on Sunday that William, 38 – who is second to the British throne – contracted the virus after his father, Prince Charles, and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson both fell ill with the coronavirus. Johnson became so ill he was placed in the intensive care unit of a London hospital.
A source said The sun, “William was hit pretty hard by the virus – he really hit it for six years. At one point he was having trouble breathing, so obviously everyone around him was quite freaked out. After seeing doctors and testing positive – which was obviously quite shocking given his form and health – William was determined it should be business as usual. He was determined to fulfill his commitments.
The sun reported that William told an observer during an engagement, “Important things were happening and I didn’t want to worry anyone.”
William was reportedly treated by doctors at Buckingham Palace, isolated at his wife Kate’s rural home, Anmer Hall in Norfolk, and continued to make 14 phone and video calls.
William had a seven-day hiatus from calls and video messages after April 9, but during the month of April he led several engagements, including participating in the BBC charity Comic relief show, alongside comedian and author Stephen Fry.
A source said The sun, “The Queen gave her ‘We will meet again’ speech (on April 5, the day Boris Johnson was hospitalized) and he just didn’t want to worry people. He felt that more important things were happening in the country.
News of William’s coronavirus battle broke the day after Johnson announced Britain was entering a second national lockdown, after it was revealed the country had passed over a million cases of coronavirus.
A source from the palace related The sun that “as a result of his own experiences, he (William) realizes that anyone can catch this terrible disease – and knows how imperative it is that we all take this second lockdown seriously.”
Prince Charles, who fell ill in March, said in June that he had “escaped quite slightly … I was lucky in my case … but I got it, and so I can understand this. that others have experienced. ”
Charles said he felt “especially for those who lost loved ones and couldn’t be with them at the time. For me, this is the most horrible thing. But to keep it from happening to so many people, I’m so determined to find a way out.
Charles said in June he had been “terribly sad” not to be able to see the rest of the family because of the pandemic.
The Daily Beast has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.
#Prince #William #struggled #breathe #secretly #fought #coronavirus